The Directorate Electro-Mechanical Service consists of two Sections:
- Maintenance of municipal vehicles, construction machinery, lawnmowers and related equipment.
- Maintenance of mechanical equipment at water treatment plants, pump stations and other municipal installations.
- Distribution of electricity to all consumers in Upington and surrounding rural areas. Electrical Services purchases electricity from Eskom and distributes it through the municipal distribution system. The rural areas are:
- South of the Orange River: From the Vaalkoppies farm to Raaswater, excluding the Raaswater town.
- North of the Orange River: From Kameelmond to Koppies Eiland.
- Maintenance of electrical equipment in municipal installations, like water treatment plants, pump stations, municipal buildings and workshops.
- Maintenance of street and area lighting.
Electricians are on standby at all hours